Each year the Society organizes Symposia in the UK and the USA on an aspect of Ibn 'Arabi's work.
These international gatherings bring together people from many different fields and traditions, and include scholars, students, and anyone interested in what Ibn 'Arabi has to say. These events provide a unique opportunity for both speakers and delegates, specialists and non-specialists, to enrich their understanding of the Shaykh's teachings and their relevance today. The Society also encourages public seminars and lectures and can provide speakers on request.
Young Writer Award 2013
The Society is delighted to announce the "Young Writer Award 2013". This is an award of US$ 1,000 for an unpublished essay concerning the teachings of Muhyiddin Ibn 'Arabi by an author under the age of 35. The deadline for entries is 1st October 2013.
These are the criteria for entry:
- The author must be under the age of 35 on 31st December 2013 (i.e. born on or after 1st January 1979).
- The essay must be in English, and not more than 9000 words in length (excluding any notes, references, bibliography and summary).
- It must be the original work of the person submitting it, and be unpublished at the time of entry,
- The submission must be prefaced by a short summary of between 100-150 words.
- The submission should include a bibliography and be page-numbered throughout. Citations and quotations must be fully referenced.
- Previous entrants can re-submit, but previous winners cannot.
To see more information about how to enter and a simple entry form, click here.
We would like to make the prize as widely known as possible, and so would be very grateful if you would consider forwarding information about this to any friends or colleagues whom you think would be interested in entering.
This is an A4 poster which is designed to be displayed on notice-boards in order to publicise this opportunity even more widely. If you have easy access to such a place, we would be grateful if you could print it out and pin it up. Download it here.